Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Scallops Alfredo with Zucchini Pasta and the side effect of stress

Scallops Alfredo with zucchini pasta is on the menu tonight. Very easy to make and so delish. This recipe I make for 3 people. This is one of Kylann's favorites.

9 Sea scallops
1 med onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 button mushrooms chopped
4 sundried tomatoes, minced
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
Saute all of the above ingredience in a sprayed saute pan. cook until the scallops are fully cooked.
Now add 1 1/2 cups of low fat milk to the mix, 3 tbs lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of shredded parmasan cheese. Keep heat on med low. In a separate pan take 1/4 cup butter and melt it. Add in 1/4 cup flour. Mix it over heat until it makes a smooth thin batter called a rue. Add rue to the scallop mixture until sauce begins to thicken. Taste. Add more salt if needed. Serve over zucchini that has been sliced up into shoe strings and cooked in a little water to steam. Enjoy. This is really really yummy.

So I woke up today with a stye on my lower left eye lid and now I am feeling on start on my right eye. This sucked because I still felt like shit from the events of yesturday and the fact that I slept like crap last night didn't help. I am feeling better today though but of course this bleeping stye is killing me. So curious what causes a stye and how to help it go away before the grand opening this weekend I looked up stye on my computer and found out that styes can be caused my stress. Great. Well that explained it. I also found out that the remedy for a stye is a warm compress and eye massage. See even eyes can get stressed out and need an occasional massage. isn't it funny how our bodies love to let us know that something just isn't right. Isn't it also funny how many hints we need before we just get it? Apparently I need at least two but since now I am breaking out I guess I needed more this time. What have I learned? Crying is good. Prayer is good and sometimes prayers are answered. Patience is necessary, and sometimes you need to sit back and remember what is most important to you and put all of your passion and effort there instead of into stress and anger. Thanks Kimmie for reminding me of this and not thinking less of me for my whining and bratiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment