Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mahi Mahi with seafood stuffing, and a job search that just isn't working!

Last nights dinner was delicious. I made my famous (at least at home) Mahi Mahi with seafood stuffing. I buy preportioned cuts of Mahi. Mahi is alot like haddock. It's a very mild fish and we all love it here. Now the stuffing is so easy and yummy. Take a sautee pan and spray it. Set it aside on the stove. Mince 1 medium onion, and 1 clove of garlic. Put it into the sautee pan and begin too cook it until it begins to carmelize. Add a couple of tbs of coconut oil or margerine. Now add 1/2 cup of flax and 6 ritz crackers (crumbled). Mix it and add in enough water to wet the mixture and make a stuffing like substance. Add salt and pepper to taste. Now add some rosemary and parsley. about 1/4 tsp each. Now set up your baking dish by spraying with "Pam" put fish in dish top with stuffing, a little cheddar cheese, and a couple of limes to garnish. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Enjoy.... soooo good!!!

when I was very little I would say about 6 years old I recieved a new Grandmother. At this point my Grandmother Holcomb had been removed from my life and I was excited about meeting this new member of my family. I call her Gramma Dot. She was great and brought us gifts. I loved to go and see her and loved it when she came to see us. Time when by and we were able to forage a great relationship. She married a man I called Grampa Jim. He made rosette cookies with me and we went fishing at his little camp. It wasn't until I was much older that I learned this woman was my real biological Grandmother. My father had been adopted. The story goes she was quite young when she had him and had no choice but to give him up. I believe this. Very amazing that my Father was able to find her years later. He has a very good relationship with her to this day as do I. She is feable and up there in age but still writes me every christmas and birthday. I am not so good at remembering everyone elses special days... heck half the time I don't even remember my own but I do send her Christmas letters. I have spent many Thanksgivings with her after her divorce to Jim; who took up drinking and was abusive to her. Now to fill you in before I get on with this story My Fathers biological brothers don't know he exists. Well accually they have met but only as Dots friend Steve not her son. Here's the Hum dinger of it all; I have Uncles, and cousins who don't know anything about me. Isn't it crazy I know about them? One of our Thankgiving gatherings who shows up but Phil. I was introduced to my Uncle as "My Friend Wendy". This man was the spitting image of my father except he supported a beard and mustache. He had the same wrinkled forhead, blue eyes, and light brown hair. How could this man sit across from my father and not notice anything? Heck I knew when He walked through the door. I asked Dot one day why she didn't tell them. She said she wanted too but my father asked her not too. When I asked him he said at first they both agreed it was better kept quiet so she wouldn't be caste a side by her children and to spare her hurt feelings. He still felt it was best. It is their choice but my opinion is that it is the wrong choice; at least it would be for me. Will my Father be excepted after she dies by her other children. How will they feel when my Father is left an inheritance, Lord knows he helped her buy her house and car etc. What will they do when she can't answer their questions and they are angry with her after she is gone? What happens if my Father passes first? Will they ever know about us? Is it even important? Yes to me. I have never met my biological Grandfather. My Father nor Dot will tell me anything. Just that he was a married man at the time, a business man. He chose to save face and walk away. Other than that I know nothing. Maybe later on, after both have pass
ed I will have to get in touch with the locator and learn more but until them all of my questions and feelings must remain locked away in my treasure chest of hope to respect the privacy of my father and Dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment