Sunday, September 27, 2009

Say "CHEESECAKE"!!!!

Low carb lime cheesecake is on the menu tonight. Here is the recipe

3 pkgs. nonfat creamcheese
4 eggs
1 1/2 tbs vanilla
1 1/2 tbs lime juice
1 1/2 cup splenda
1/4 cup nonfat yogurt

Crust
2 cups flax
1/2 cup splenda
a dash of salt
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make the filling by mixing all of the non crust ingredients. mix it well and then let it set while you make your crust. mix the the dry crust ingredients together and add enough of the melted butter to moisten. Next line the bottom of your pan with the crust mix. I used single sized little dishes. put the filling on top of the crust and then put into the oven. Turn down the oven to 235 degrees. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until firm in the middle. Cool and then refridgerate. Eat cold. Feel free to top with some berries.

Wyatts birthday is comming up in a couple of weeks and like any child he won't let me forget about it. We are trying something new this year. We will be having a small cake at home on His and Kylanns birthdays and having a big birthday party for the two together in November. I usually do not do this party thing but Kylann is turning 13. Big year for her. She had decided that she wants to share the party with her brother; very sweet of her.

I don't mind birthdays but hate birthday parties. I always had to share my day with my sister. Our birthdays were only 5 days apart. I get it. It was easier that way. My Mom only had to make 1 cake that way. My Mother hated parties too, so I didn't have a party until I was like 12. It was going to be awesome. My first party. Yes I still had to share the day with my sister but it was My first party. I don't remember it being fun like I expected I just remember the embarassment of being grounded in front of all of my friends. Why? Because my younger sister wanted to use the silver writing marker and note paper that Jennifer had given me as a present. We were still using it, My friends and I. Next thing I knew I was being grounded because my sister was crying and the whole situation was completely misunderstood (not that I ever got a word in to let my Mom know what had happend). All of my friends were sent home and me to bed. I hated parties after that and still do. Never had one at home again.

Now I enjoy the cake at home with my kids and Husband. My kids the same. However I am going to make this years Birthday the best if I have my way about it. Kylann will get a little something extra special for turning the Big 1-3 while Wyatt will have his party with his friends and enjoy the benefits of the surprise we are giving to both of them. I will let you all know when It all begins to go down. We must wait to see if my finances can support what I want to do. I guarantee though that it doesn't involve a grounding what so ever. Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment