Friday, February 12, 2010

I feel like Rip Van Winkle

I feel like Rip Van Winkle.  Okay so I put my back out 3 days ago and well I am finally feeling better.  How did I do this?  Well imagine 1 child who isn't feeling well and another feeling unusually ambitious.  I get back from my outing with "My Boy" and these 2 children have decided to clean areas that do not need cleaning.  They put up screens that shouldn't be up up the way they put them and crack the glass to our display case in the office.  So I let it go knowing that they were trying to be helpful but ask they please do not help out in the office any more but to clean up their own space if possible.  Then I make sure to let them know that I am taking "My Boy" now and to not do anymore clean up or get ambitious whille I am gone, AND WHAT HAPPPENS???? I get back to my Wyatt crying because he accidently spilled paraphin wax all over the office carpet.  My responce???  Thats okay I know how to fix it just don't touch it.  Then I walk through the door and it is seemingly the size of Eligo Pond.  AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!  and they tried to vaccume it up with my new vaccuum!!!! and DUG IT IN TO THE C A R P E T !!!!!  OOOHhhhh boy, here it goes patients out the window, the rage, the fury!!!! SHEER PANIC!!!  Tears start to flow as I see this project that now sits in front of me.  Anger, and a quick "get out"!!!! the kids disappeared and I well had a melt down. 
Quick get the iron, paper towels, and a puddy knife!!!! no time for dinner "make yourselves peanut butter sandwiches and a glass of milk"  I tell the kids.  Then on to hours and hours of ironing the rug for Chad and I.  Thoughts that run through your mind during  this...

#1 I don't have the money to replace this carpet
#2 this "F"s getting back home to VT this year!!!
#3 this carpet SUCKS anyway and needs replacing...Yeah...
#4 WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST STAY OUT OF THE OFFICE

hours later the carpet is passable and we are exhausted.  Now I can laugh because those 2 kids never meant to sabotage the evening and I am sure they didn't want Peanut Butter.  How quickly after I was mad did they get along and work together to clean up their space, and you know what?  I spilt candle wax on my parents rug when I was little and I believe that my parents went through the same emotions.  What good came out of that day when I was little is I learned how to take wax out of carpet.  Who knew as an adult the lesson would come in handy.  Oh by the way cleaning the carpet is how I put my back out so I am sure that my children will never forget either this wax incident and I am sure extra guilt goes along with it for them knowing that I am in pain. 
Thank Goodness for painkillers though...
and I guess Thank goodness to lifes little educational moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment